SEO Expert Neil Patel has an SEO Analyzer that can help you check what you’re doing right and what you’re doing wrong in terms of making your websites Search Engine Optimized.
Here’s the link: https://neilpatel.com/seo-analyzer/
All you need to do is enter your website’s URL, and from there his free program can give you a detailed report.
In short – what Search Engine Optimization or SEO is “the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.” (MOZ 2019)
Your SEO defines three things:
- Quality of Traffic
- Quantity of Traffic
- Organic results
We will break down these definitions in the next topic after you have found out what your SEO score is.
Qualify and recreate content to have higher SEO scores
To rank higher on Google’s search list, you need to make sure your website is up to date, and consistently produces content. Here are 15 tips on how to not only increase your SEO ranking, but maintain it as well.
- Produce High Quality Content
- Sounds simple right? To drive organic traffic to your webpage and increase its popularity (and therefore your SEO rank) you must give visitors a reason to come back. There is also something that impacts your SEO rank called dwell time, which is something that relates to how much time people spend per website visit.
- Having new, unique and most of all exciting content keeps visitors and potential customers on your page longer and improves dwell time.
- Optimizing Images
- Resize and compress your images to optimize them, and you can also sneak in keywords by naming your photos accordingly.
- You can also strategically use keywords in the title of your images, the captions and even your image description.
- Start blogging
- As we have mentioned earlier, creating new and exciting content relevant to what your company does creates organic traffic and a reason to stay on your pages. As in the aforementioned blogging topic, establishing a faithful group of readers can garner a lot of attention.
- You can also incorporate keywords and images within your blog posts as well, these increase dwell time and keeps the focus of your readers.
- Use outbound links
- If you have claims about data or facts about a certain subject within your blog, have links to the trustworthy sources that you have found them from.
- Not only will this increase your SEO ranking, but it builds credibility behind the content that you are writing.
- Also, having internal links with calls to action help potential customers look for products and services you have within your website.
- Adding more than just Text
- Infographics, images, and embedded videos add flair and make content easier to digest.
- Sometimes, having a video explain how you feel or what your product does helps potential customers listen in to what you have to offer without the need of reading.
- These features can also drastically increase dwell time, which in turn, increases your SEO ranking.
- Making your site Readable
- When people visit your site, make sure to write with a visitor’s understanding in mind.
- Your content should be easily readable and digestible, and you can use the website Readable.com as a resource to help identify which words might be too long or difficulties to understand.
- Fix any broken links
- Broken links can make your SEO ranking drop. Also, it is not good when a website has broken links that lead to 404 errors or to nothing being shown.
- Neil Patel’s SEO ranking program also identifies broken links within your entire website.
- Having no broken links helps drive organic traffic, and removal of broken outbound links also help to increase your SEO ranking.
- Optimize your site for mobile devices
- Over 60% of Google Searches are from mobile devices
- Google recognizes this and will rank your website accordingly, being optimized for mobile users definitely will help your SEO ranking, without it, your user experience would be quite hindered.
- Encourage sharing on social media
- Sharing on social media allows for more eyes to see your content, and even more potential customers to go to your website.
- If visitors can share links to blog posts or content that they like/love, it will raise your SEO ranking.
- Organic search traffic will increase as well, and it is very manageable to have Social Media icons with links on your website.
- Ease of use is a great tool as well, as it just takes a click or tap to share your content.
- Use keywords
- As we have spoken before in previous topics, keywords play a major role in getting your content and your website found.
- As we have spoken about before, saturating your website with keywords can make your content generic and repetitive.
- This can also cause Google to lower your website’s ranking as well.
- It is imperative that keywords should fit naturally within your sentences.
- Write click-worthy titles and descriptions
- Load your titles with keywords
- Keep it consistent, your title should click through to a page with the content your users want to see.
- Clarity: The visitor/reader should know and understand what your website is about in 100 characters or less
- Add personality, make your titles emotional and personable
- Here is a link regarding if your Titles are click worthy: https://moz.com/blog/are-your-titles-irresistibly-click-worthy-viral
- Write a great meta description
- Google even gives you tips on how to create great descriptions.
- Be clear and descriptive, frontload keywords and ask yourself the “Who, what when, where and how?”
- Uniqueness: each meta description should be different from other pages’ descriptions
- Concise: The limit on meta descriptions is 160 characters or fewer.
- A lot of businesses don’t pay attention to meta-description, but it is still a factor in SEO Ranking
- Create Optimized urls
- While your titles can be emotional, URLs certainly don’t need to be.
- Again, front load your keywords into your URL
- This optimizes your links and allows for more organic traffic to flow to your website.
- Use Infographics
- Great infographics have a great design and great text within them.
- Having a well designed infographic can make your content easier to digest and fun to read.
- If you can make your infographics move or be animated, it is a plus,.
- Get set up on Google Business
- If you are a brick and mortar shop, Local SEO is also just as important as having a global online shop.
- Set up an account on Google Business
- This allows you to edit company info, verify contact information, see reviews, and add images as well.
- Another huge advantage you can have that your competitors might fail to capitalize on.
We know that we have just bombarded you with a lot of information regarding Search Engine Optimization. It may look a little intimidating to start, however it is definitely worthwhile in terms of the results it can create for your business.
Here at Clear Bounce, we also specialize in making your website and all of its pages Search Engine Optimized. If you already have a website and want to rank higher on Google, give us a call and we can get everything started with a simple consultation. If you want to develop your website with us, we can also bundle pricing to make your website, and it’s pages Search Engine Optimized.