Have you ever read a piece of literature, watched a movie or even heard a song that moved you to tears? Something that evokes a lot of emotion and passion through some form of content?
As we have spoken about before regarding blog posts – having your passion and knowledge regarding your products or services be displayed through your content not only increases credibility, but also a connection toward your brand’s followers.
Here are five best practices to help curate your social media posts, blog posts, and any other media that you are using to help promote your company.
- Know your passion
- When taking pictures for a post regarding your product, optimize them. For every picture however, there needs to be a story involved. Whether it’s about helping a client solve their problems, or a grand story about how the product came to life, your writing alongside your images must exude passion.
- The more excitement and passion you put within any sort of media post will give it more meaning and more authenticity.
- What is your goal for writing this/posting this?
– We all know the end goal is to gain more traffic, followers and more potential customers.
– You need solid goals, and as we spoke about earlier regarding blog posts, having goals broken down to the letter allows you to manage your time easier and keeps you accountable.
- What is your inspiration for making this post?
- Sometimes we plan things far ahead into the future, and other times we are spontaneous. Big events and small events alike contribute to your work.
- Use personal experiences and imbue your content with them. You know yourself and your company best, so leverage that to portray honest and truthful content.
- Something personal can be felt even if it is through a screen, if you love what you do – others will feel that experience and connect it with something personal within their lives as well.
- Learn and Grow
- We don’t always make the best pieces of work when we first start out. Be gentle on yourself and learn from your mistakes. Carefully read over everything you have written and ask yourself “Is there anything more I can add?”
- If the answer is yes – write it out.
- Delve into learning new things about the industry around you and speak about it, like a muscle, writing becomes better the more you work on it.
- Remember why you write.
- This goes back to passion. Writing is a form of self-expression, but this time around it’s not only for yourself as a business owner, but to be the voice of your company as well.
- Give yourself the freedom to create and inspire, because with great content, great business will follow.